Pitches today are attended by potential angel investors and a panel of esteemed judges. Judging criteria is based on business viability, potential value, and pitch delivery.
- Viability: the project team has addressed risks associated with customer development, has a product that is viable and protectable, has a strong competitive advantage, and attractive financial potential.
- Potential value: there is attractive margin potential, cash flow, and value creation.
- Pitch delivery: all team members contribute to the pitch, transition well, provide strong introduction and conclusion, communicate all key messages, stay within the time limit, and respond well to questions.
We are joined today by the following people to act on our panel of judges:
- Maren Cattonar – MIT Deshpande Center Innovation Manager
- Heather Groat – Associate at CommonAngels, a hybrid angel partnership and fund, and former MIT $100k competition organizer
- Alex Gruentzig – Consultant at AT Kearney and judge at $100k competition
- David Ward – MIT research lab, PhD from MIT, and founded an internet startup company
- Dan Lambert – Founder and CTO of Pushpins